29 January 2006

16 weeks to the Fargo Marathon

So, the big news is this: today I ran my first workout in preparation for the Fargo Marathon on May 20th. Pray for me! Today was actually really easy - 3 miles on the treadmill (it was snowing & REALLY slushy here today, which makes running on the roads around Barrett really dangerous). Finished in 45 minutes with warmup & cooldown & then did some strength training before packing it in.

I feel really excited about this. I've wanted to try a marathon for a while, and Fargo should be a good one for starters; the key word is FLAT. I'm anxious to see how it goes, but it's been a while since I challenged myself like this and I need to do something. Looking at pictures from our trip to Germany in August 2004 reminded me how much weight I've put on since then - time to reverse that course by running my butt off!

Pax,
Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment