22 February 2006

High Callings and Olympic training...

Real Live Preacher always has interesting things to say about the church - sometimes he says it in other places than his weblog. I read this to my confirmation kids Wednesday night as our opening prayer.

It's been interesting training for the marathon while the Olympics is on television. We have a treadmill set up facing a television in the basement, and I've been splitting my time between watching the Olympics and listening to The Dark Is Rising by Susan Cooper. I find that I run harder watching downhill skiers or the Nordic ski events - funny, huh? Maybe I should dig out the Nebraska games I have on tape & use them for motivation, too; nothing like watching Tommie Frazier & the 1995 Huskers obliterate the Florida Gators to get your blood running.

I'm a little frustrated because I'm not losing any weight so far while training. I'm going to start keeping a food journal to make sure I'm not sabotaging my own efforts by eating too many sweets. But while the miles are coming easier, the clothes are not growing any looser, and that was one of the fringe benefits I was most eagerly anticipating!

Pax,
Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment