11 May 2006

Fun with my iPod

Put a shuffle playlist on and go through the songs one by one to answer the questions. Go ahead and copy and paste and do it in your own blog!

How am I feeling today?
"In A Mellow Tone" - Duke Ellington
(Hey, I could do a lot worse!)

Will I get far in life?
"Pride and Joy" - Bonnie Raitt, from the Stevie Ray Vaughan tribute album
(umm, does that mean I will have a long, illustrious career like the übersexy Ms. Raitt, or that I'll go down in flames like SRV?)

How do my friends see me?
"Easy Street" - Peter Mayer
('Every night I pray to God above me / to send His love along with lots of money / 'cause in my heart I feel Him callin' me / to Easy Street'
Sorry - this was the "How do Benny Hinn's friends see him?" song...)

Where will I get Married?
'The King of Love My Shepherd Is' - St. Olaf Choir
(Yeah, doesn't make sense to me either. A great hymn, though...)

What is my best friend's theme song?
'God Is Not A Secret' - Newsboys
(Huh. Matt, any new evangelism opportunities you haven't shared with me?)

What is the story of my life?
'Without Jah, Nothin'' - P.O.D.
(Okay, true, but the only thing remotely reggae/latino about me is my birthdate, 5/5)

What was high school like?
'Harlem Congo' - Chick Webb
(Maybe, for me - and nobody else understood. Any wonder I stood out so much?)

How am I going to get ahead in life?
'Acoustic Medley' (My Redeemer is Faithful and True/His Eyes/Waiting For Lightning/When You Are A Soldier/Heart's Cry/His Strength Is Perfect) - Steven Curtis Chapman
(YES, but it's not so much getting ahead as living well.)

What is the best thing about me?
'The Class of 57' - The Statler Brothers
(I KNEW that loving the Statler Brothers was a good thing! In your face, Donna!)

How is today going to be?
'Live This Mystery' - Michael Card & John Michael Talbot
(This pretty much describes EVERY day of my life...)

What is in store for this weekend?
'Almost Persuaded' - The Statler Brothers
(Oh, shit - and Kristin's leaving town tomorrow. Think I'm in trouble...)

What song describes my parents?
'Say' - PFR
(Not really, but the line "I hear You calling to me" reminds me when I was late for dinner as a kid...)

My grandparents?
'Scribbling In The Sand' - Michael Card
(Not exactly, but it's a great sentiment - the protection of Jesus for the woman about to be stoned for adultery)

How is my life going?
'Salt Peanuts' - Dizzy Gillespie
(uhhh, what?)

What song will play at my funeral?
'Step By Step' - Rich Mullins Tribute Album
(Oh, if only - I gotta make sure Kristin sees this...)

How does the world see me?
'A Child's Garden of Dreams; Movement III' - David Maslanka
(Ohh, great - freaky modern music about a child's fatalistic nightmares. That's just wonderful. SO glad I'm in youth ministry...)

Will I have a happy life?
'All I Need' - Storyhill
(Amen - my beloved & I make each other as happy as we can be!)

What do my friends really think of me?
Symphony 1, "Lord of the Rings" Mvt. 4, 'Journey In The Dark: The Mines of Moria & the Bridge of Khazad-dum' - Johan de Meij
(Let's just not go there, okay?)

Do people secretly lust after me?
'Miracle Child' - Newsboys
(Just like Jeremy, no kidding, and no cheating! The actual lyrics don't work, though...)

How can I make myself happy?
'Ants Marching' - Dave Matthews Band, "Live in Central Park"
(AWESOME!!! If I ignore the lyrics & focus on the groove, you betcha. Kris HATES when this song comes on while I'm driving, because I have a tendency to use the accelerator and clutch as drum pedals...)

What should I do with my life?
'This World' - Caedmon's Call
('This world has nothing for me / and this world has everything / all that I could want and nothing that I need' Hmmm. I suppose so...)

Will I ever have children?
'Here Come The Bastards' - Primus
(HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!)

What is some good advice for me?
'Your Love's An Attitude' - Chicago
(uhh, thanks...)

What is my signature dancing song?
'Symphony No. 1, "Lord of the Rings" Mvt. 5: 'Hobbits' - Johan de Meij
(A mug of beer, a pipe filled with Old Toby, and friends to celebrate my eleventy-first birthday? What could be better for my kind of dancing? Weird that this piece came up twice, though)

What do I think my current theme song is?
'Satisfied Land' - Storyhill
(COOL! Almost any song that mentions Nebraska could be my theme song...)

What does everyone else think my current theme song is?
'Razor Love' - Neil Young
(Okay, love can cut awfully fine and close to the bone - but didn't we already know that? 'You really make my day with the little things you say...' I can dig that.)

What type of men/women do you like?
'Disappear' - Jars of Clay
(Totally - this song describes exactly how I felt when Kris & I first met. "I'd really love to know / I'd really love to climb / way into your heart /and see what I could find...)

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I didn't know you listened to so much CCM. Well, nobody's perfect...

    The Primus one almost had me falling out of my chair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I don't really listen to THAT much CCM - but what I do listen to came up pretty often. Odd, because I have a ton of Caedmon's Call on iTunes & nothing came up. But two movements from a wind ensemble piece pop up - bizarre. Someone should explain the randomizing program from iTunes to me, I guess...

    That Primus one was CLASSIC, wasn't it? I just about fell out of my chair, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Pastor Scott! This is so random- I typed "ipod shuffle game" into google, and you were the first entry! I didn't even realize it until I happened to glance at your picture on the side!
    How is Ames treating ya?!
    Carmen Elliott

    ReplyDelete