18 May 2006

Last Pre-Marathon Post

Okay, it's two days until the marathon.

*deep breath* *exhale*


I'm feeling pretty good, actually. Trying to stay off my feet as much as possible so that my feet can rest up for the pounding that is soon to commence. Of course, the bloodmobile is here at the church today, so part of me wants to go out and socialize for the whole afternoon, walking and talking until my throat hurts and my feet are sore. Can't - do - it, - must - resist...

I promise, not one nasty foot picture will be posted here post-race. I may put up a picture of me crossing the finish line or something like that. My toenail has fallen off and a new nail is slowly pushing its way onto my toe, so all is well. We'll see what happens after 26.2 miles.
Would you believe my beloved has scheduled a dentist appointment for me tomorrow? She says it was the only time they had available - I say she has a sick sense of humor.

If I don't update by Sunday night, you'll know I dropped dead somewhere near the Troll Bridge in Fargo. In lieu of flowers, send donations to the campus ministry of your choice. :-)

Pax,
Scott

1 comment:

  1. Good luck!! I'll be thinking about you as I sit on my butt! I figure I'll try to conserved energy, maybe that will somehow give you more.

    Brian

    ReplyDelete