29 January 2007

AJ Comes Home & Has Visitors - Auntie Kimmie, Grandma & Grandpa Johnson

It was a fun week in the hospital. We had a few visitors, including some of Beloved's Confirmation class from church. What fun!

But we're most happy to say that she's home! We came home Thursday and have been working to make our little AJ feel welcome in her new home.

Auntie Kimmie came for a visit on Wednesday night and stayed throughout the weekend - and are Mom & Dad ever glad! We can't say enough how much we needed her help, support and laughter through our first weekend as a family. Thanks, Kim!

On Saturday night we got great news: Grandma & Grandpa Johnson were coming north for a short visit! They had one day to get away before the baptism and they decided they didn't want to wait a whole month to meet Grandchild #2, so they hit the road Sunday morning and stayed until just before lunch today. Ainsley loves her Grandma & Grandpa already: she fell asleep with Grandma on the glider Sunday afternoon and was always checking them out when she was awake during their visit. (By the way, Grandma & Grandpa Mooneyham & Oregon Boltzes, you can see the rubber plant behind Grandpa Johnson - thanks again!)


Home bath #2 came Sunday night. Unfortunately, so did Projectile Poop #2. This time Grandma Johnson cleaned up the mess while I finished the bath - the first time, Auntie Kimmie cleaned up the mess while I finished the bath. I don't know what I'm going to do now: we don't have anyone coming to help until Thursday, which means I have to clean up poop all by myself. ;-P

Nights have been, well, tough, but not SO bad. We're trying to get AJ on a schedule of only two feedings during the night. Last night it worked like a charm, but tonight she's already a bit fussy. But, considering she's a newborn and we're newbies, I don't think we're doing too badly. I will say that I've treasured bringing Ainsley into the living room to sleep on my chest so Beloved can also get some sleep; Daddy does love his bonding time.

But life is grand with AJ. We are a family now and couldn't be happier.

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh...we are ADDICTED to these pictures!!! Keep them coming! Ainsley is SO adorable, and it's fun to watch "the story" of her homecoming via pictures. Thanks!! We love you guys! Karin, Matt, and Tyler

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know I've said it before, but, WOW...is Ainsley ever beautiful??! (actually, it's not a question...it's an exclamation.) Congrats again, I'm so glad everyone is so happy.
    Christina

    ReplyDelete