14 February 2007

Senior Year Meme (Or, How to Kill Time Waiting for Microsoft Money to Balance Your Checkbook)

1. Who was your best friend? Me, Bill & Scott were pretty inseparable back then.

2. What sports did you play? Football & Track

3. What kind of car did you drive? 1977 Buick LeSabre

4. It's Friday night, where were you? Driving said LeSabre up & down Main Street in Wakefield

5. Were you a party animal? Nope - didn't even know where the parties were!

6. Were you considered a flirt? Uh, not even a little.

7. Ever skip school? Just to run down to Kratke's for pizza at lunch.

9. Were you in any clubs? We didn't really have any.

10. Suspended? Nope. (Who's writing this meme? JDs R Us?)

11. Can you sing the fight song? Wakefield, Wakefield, hats off to thee! To our colors true we will ever be, Firm and strong united are we! Rah, rah, Trojans rah, Rah rah rah rah, Rah for Maroon and White!

12. Who was your favorite teacher? Hard to say. Looking back I think Ms. Boeshart, probably, though Mr. Peterson was great, too.

13. What was your favorite class? English, but Band if counting extracurriculars

14. What was your school's full name? Wakefield Public Schools

15. School mascot? The Trojans. No costumed mascot: just my friends Bill & Matt in their football jerseys and cheerleader skirts (BIG cheerleader skirts) and pom-poms for basketball games.

16. Did you go to dances? Every last one of them. Sometimes I even had a date.

17. If you could go back and do it over again, would you? Not without being who I am today.

18. What do you remember most about graduation? Standing on a chair in the library with my final report card, screaming about the "C" I earned in Civics and saying "I don't give a damn!"

19. Favorite memory of your Senior Year? Earning first chair first trombone in the All-State Honor Band, and getting to play in multiple honor bands with my best friends.

20. Were you ever posted up on the senior wall? Didn't have one.

22. Where did you go most often for lunch? Lunchroom.

23. Have you gained weight since high school? Yeah, but I lost it all, too - I can still wear my letter jacket! (much to my wife's chagrin...)

24. What did you do after graduation? University of Nebraska-Lincoln, first as a Music major, then Classics with a minor in music.

25. When did you graduate? 1992

26. Where are most of your classmates? Spread out all over the country. My best friends are in Norfolk, NE and in LA.

27. Did you have a high school sweetheart? Had a huge crush on a girl from Wayne my senior year that lasted well through my freshman year of college. But we never dated...

28. Have you changed since? Does Benedict XVI wear Prada shoes?

29. Have you been to your high school since you graduated? Yes, but not for at least five years.

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm...Benedict XVI wears Prada...

    ...the devil wears Prada...

    .....

    .....

    .....so are you saying.?.?.?

    .....naaaaaaaaaaah!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. How many blocks long is Wakefield's main street? How many laps can you make in an hour?

    2. Using the words "band" and "extracurricular" together is a sure fire way to get an angry visitor from Kearney! Co-curricular, Pastor! Extra curricular activities would include going to Kratke's for pizza or crusing the miracle quarter-mile of your home metropolis!

    It's been a while since I've given you crap!

    Aaron

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, cut me some slack - I haven't seen the inside of a Band room in roughly 10 years! I had never HEARD of co-curricular until you mentioned it just now. But in my school, band was extra-curricular. Shoot, I remember a friend who couldn't believe that there were people who got scholarships to college to play piccolo. Actually, I still can't believe it, either.

    I'd tell you how many "mains" you could drive in an hour in Wakefield, but I don't know if you percussionists can count that high.

    Now - what was that about how long it's been since giving me any crap?

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and LH?

    ...

    Poor...

    ...

    Just...

    ...

    POOR...

    :-)

    ReplyDelete