25 March 2007

Thursday Three (plus two)

From Bro's weblog: Name three books on your "To Read" list:

1. The Power and the Glory by Graham Greene. It was suggested to me during seminary by either Mike Rogness or Gracia Grindal, each of whom led courses I took on theology and literature. I've owned it for a few years but haven't read it yet - in my apparently never-ending quest to actually read everything I own, this will be a next step.

2. Sex God: Exploring the Endless Connections between Sexuality and Spirituality by Rob Bell. Yup - you read the title correctly. Rob is pastor of a congregation in Grand Rapids, MI and directs the Nooma videos some of you have likely seen floating around the church. My father-in-law picked this up for us at the National Pastors' Conference this January; at the very least it will hopefully make for interesting bedtime reading.


3. Confessing Jesus Christ: Preaching in a Postmodern World by David Lose. Another of my "I own it and have skimmed it but haven't really read it" books. Dr. Lose was my homiletics professor at Luther Seminary and is now Dean of Academics there as well. I've always valued his teaching but haven't made time to read his first book - hopefully by the end of the summer that will be rectified.

No comments:

Post a Comment