16 April 2007

Monday Meme: Weirdo

Rules: 1) Post six weird things about yourself; 2) Tag six weird people to do the same.

Okay, I'll bite. Here goes.
1. When I was 13, my friends and I went completely gangsta. Yup, that's right: a bunch of farmers' kids from Nebraska spent most of junior high and part of our freshman year blasting Easy E, N.W.A., Dr. Dre and others at full volume. I think it had more to do with the frequent profanity than anything else.
2. I have a small birthmark under my right eye. I think it's called a hemangioma.
3. I would be really interested in competing on "Survivor" except for one thing: there's no way I could ever do the contest where you eat stuff like pig snouts, cockroaches, etc.
4. When I was a music major at the University of Nebraska, I had a five step pattern for walking from the Student Union to Westbrook Hall, the music building. I would step on every other crack, and only every fifth step. I still find myself doing this pattern when I walk down that particular sidewalk today.
5. When I'm driving and the song "Ants Marching" by the Dave Matthews Band plays, I have to remind myself not to drum with my feet. I nearly made Beloved sick doing it once. Same thing for the song "Captain Kidd" by Great Big Sea.
6. I love Drum Corps International and would love to go see the DCI World Championships someday. If I'd known about DCI at an earlier age, I would have tried out for the Concord Blue Devils for sure.

I tag LutheranHusker, RuthRe, LutherLiz, Church Nerd, Mother Superior, ThirdFuerst and Little Bro (yes, I know that's seven; I also have a preference for prime numbers) - be weird!

4 comments:

  1. I'll play, but I don't know anyone else to tag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ack! I haven't been doing enough visiting lately I guess...just found out I was tagged! Alright then, I'll play.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh..and if I had the time etc. I'd have wanted to be in Phantom Regimen or be a Cadet from BC.

    :o) that was many moons ago now.

    ReplyDelete