19 April 2007

Three Bad Habits

Little Bro says, Tell us about three bad habits you'd like to break.

1. Procrastination I've always struggled with this. Taxes don't get done until April 18th (or is today the 19th?). Sermons get done at 5am on Sunday morning (thankfully, not as often these days). I intend to run at 7:00am and don't get to it until 5:00pm, if at all. It's just so damned easy to get distracted!

2. Dehydration This sounds silly, but drinking straight water is so BORING that I often don't get enough in a day. As a runner, dehydration can be a serious impediment to good training, so I should work hard to get better at this.

3. Buying Books/CDs/Movies I don't need We've really worked hard to rein in our spending with the addition of AJ to our family, and I think thus far it's working. We have actually given away almost 20 movies out of our collection this year, and will likely cull more out of the shelves as we get better at recognizing our favorites from ones we bought on impulse. Memo to others: your public library likely has a good selection of movies on DVD or VHS which you can check out for free - take advantage of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment