09 November 2007

Friday Five: Extravagant Unbusyness

Here's the Friday Five from Sally at RevGalBlogPals:
I am writing in my official capacity of grump!!! No seriously, with the shops and stores around us filling with Christmas gifts and decorations, the holiday season moving up on us quickly for many the time from Thanksgiving onwards will be spent in a headlong rush towards Christmas with hardly a time to breathe.... I am looking at the possibility of finding little gaps in the day or the week to spend in extravagant unbusyness ( a wonderful phrase coined by fellow revgal Michelle)...

So given those little gaps, name 5 things you would do to;
1.to care for your body
2. to care for your spirit
3. to care for your mind
4. to bring a sparkle to your eye
5. to place a spring in your step

Enjoy the time to indulge and dream.... and then for a bonus which one on the list are you determined to put into action?

Oooh, I'm already working on it! Beloved is off to a young women's gathering in the Twin Cities, so I get to spend the day with the Child. We're going to do some visits and see if we can't have lots of fun today!

I suppose that'll be #4 on my list, so here are the others:
1. Run. Hopefully our little one will go down for a nice long afternoon nap so I can get a good run in on the newly-repaired treadmill in the basement.
2. Play with young people. I'm in the pit band for our local high school's production of "Annie, Get Your Gun" and I'm having a blast. These kids have such great energy and enthusiasm for doing what they do - it's energizing for me and shows me that the generation growing up after me knows what it means to have joy and passion, to the contrary of much grumbling by those who won't take the time to understand them.
3. Catch up on the news. I usually read the newspaper front to back on a daily basis, and remembering some of what I read does tend to exercise the mind. If I lived in or near New York City, I would ROCK the Cash Cab!
4. See above.
5. Sleep. Just friggin' sleep, facryinoutloud!

Now, I'm putting all of them into action at some point today, but the one to which I'll commit right now is #5. No late night blog catchups - they can wait until tomorrow morning!

1 comment: