28 February 2008

Aggravated in Ames

It's snowing. Again.

Beloved got up awkwardly this morning and pulled a muscle in her abdomen. I mean, a serious tear - she's in a lot of pain and on orders to take it easy.

The combination of these two factors leads to this: I'm staying home today. I stayed home in the morning to make sure Beloved was okay; I actually took her to the doctor to make sure the baby was fine (it was). Then my secretary called Beloved while I was showering and said "No one's called. No one's come in. I'm done with the bulletin. It's snowing. I'm going home. Scott doesn't even have to come in if he doesn't want to." I don't: so I won't. Personal day, here we come! (one of the benefits of being in ministry and only working one day a week, I guess.)

This has been one of the hardest winters I've ever experienced. The combination of cold and snow in Minnesota with tons of ice and snow since we've moved to Ames has led to us feeling lethargic and more than a little cabin-feverish. Not to mention heavy - I've gained weight because, well, it's just hard to run outside when there's ice on the ground, our treadmill is broken, and we don't have money to join a gym just yet. So, we're frustrated and injured and fat and lazy. Not to mention aggravated (always acknowledge all alliteration, affirmative?).

I know there are lots of folks who have things a lot worse than we do - we're warm, we're dry, the utilities are paid up and our cars work, the babies are healthy and happy. But, nonetheless, this is where we are right now.

In happier news, I'd like to extend a warm welcome to the newest member of the LutheranHusker clan - Matt's Sweetie delivered a healthy baby this morning. I wonder if they'll let me call her Thumpy McNosetackle? Anyway, mazel tov!

1 comment:

  1. How did I miss the news about the new baby on the way? I'm glad the muscle pull is not a baby problem and hope your Beloved feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete