21 February 2008

Friday - Twiddling my thumbs?

I'm done with Sunday's sermon.

On Thursday.

This has never happened before.

I know, I know - it's a good thing. And I'm glad, really, because it does mean one thing for certain: we're having WAFFLES for breakfast on Sunday since Daddy will have all the time in the world to cook. :-) But, seriously, I'm generally a "not feeling particularly inspired until Saturday night" preacher - I've tried to write on Thursday afternoons before, and just never got the engine stoked enough to do it. I'm going to know what a full weekend feels like. I'm not going to be worried sick on Saturday that I won't have anything in the hopper come Sunday morning. Talk about an embarrassment of riches. But, I wonder, what the hell am I going to do with myself until Sunday?

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great...with your "waffles" line, now I've got half the script from Shrek running through my head.

    Thanks. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. dude seriously? i've been trying to write today and am 1/3 done... so don't rub it in.

    good for you. enjoy the time... you probably have a book somewhere at your house you want to read i'm a guessin =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, glory!
    Now can you work on mine?

    ReplyDelete