28 May 2008

Memorial Day 2008

First, some cute pictures of my kid. Because, you know, it's my blog:



I posted last about doing un-homiletical stuff upon our return from Minneapolis. Well, the urge stayed upon me all day on Monday, which led to an all-out assault on the Honey-Do list. First, I split some hostas to fill in open space around the foundation of our house:



Kris wanted to do some cleaning in the house, so I took an hour and sat outside, reading while Ainsley played in the yard. Then I moved to Ainsley's room. Kris found some blinds on sale and I've not yet cut them to fit the windows. You can see in this picture the bunch of extra slats at the bottom of the blind.
After much cursing and mangling of strings, extra blinds and plugs, I was able to get one fitted correctly:


After that, I cooked brats on the grill, we ate supper, and we watched TV after Ainsley went to sleep. All in all, an awesome day.

Speaking of awesome, a story about my wife is in order. Our next door neighbors are three college-age women. Three very attractive college-age women. These things happen, normally there's not a lot of need for comment. But in the lovely afternoon sun on Monday, one of our neighbors and her boyfriend decided to wash their cars. Ergo, she was outside in a bikini top and shorts. Being a dedicated spouse, and determined NOT to be the creepy older guy who ogles the neighbors, I paid much attention to my magazine. But when Boyfriend started spraying his car down with his thumb over the hose nozzle, I did decide to be neighborly and offer our spray header to make his job easier. Boyfriend, Blonde Cutie and I had some small talk, they oohed and aahed over Ainsley, then we went back to our work. But Kristin saw me talking with the neighbors, and poked her head out the window to say hello. Here's the awesome part. My wife's only comment later was, "Boy, got some eye-candy over there, don't we?" Funny, completely non-jealous and yet aware that while I might be 34, I'm not dead and I'm not made of stone. That's a pretty awesome combination in a spouse - I'm a blessed guy.

2 comments:

  1. Is it possible that the eye candy she was talking about was the boyfriend? Hope I'm not raining on your parade. :)

    By the way - pictures are great - thanks for sharing them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was exactly what I meant. I'm not sure what the hell Scott was talking about. :0) I'm sure her boyfriend will say the same thing about me when I'm laying out there with my maternity suit one! Ha!

    ReplyDelete