11 December 2008

Christmas Meme

From LutherPunk

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Ideally, I use my dad's trick and recycle the funny pages as giftwrap.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real, please, and I'll cut it down myself, thanks.
3. When do you put up the tree? The day after the year's worst ice storm, of course, so we have to put a tarp down to catch all the melting water. (Okay, maybe that was just that one year.)
4. When do you take the tree down? After Epiphany.
5. Do you like eggnog? Absolutely not. No way, Jose. Gluhwein is my holiday drink of choice, thanks to my ex-wife.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Honestly, the part I loved the best were the family gatherings and holiday meals. I have awesome aunts and uncles and cousins and we still enjoy spending time together when we can. If I have to pick a gift, it would probably be the Atari 2600 we got one year - at least, that's the gift we got the most hours on!
7. Hardest person to buy for? My youngest brother.
8. Easiest person to buy for? My wife - if you can light it, she'll love it.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes - but with two girls under the age of three I'm not sure we're going to see it for a few years yet.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Last year, neither - they never got labeled and we eventually were too embarrassed to do it. I have high hopes for this year, though!
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? The stomach virus my brother-in-law gave us all in 2005.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? White Christmas.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Whenever the urge strikes, but usually sometime in December, whenever I get a coupon for a local bookstore.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? In no particular order: potato sausage, christmas cookies, goose, stuffing, krumkake, ost kaka, and pretty much anything else that isn't nailed down.
16. Lights on the tree? As if there's any other way?
17. Favorite Christmas song? "Lo, How A Rose E'er Blooming"
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel to my folks' or my in-laws', one of the blessings of campus ministry for sure.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Rudolph and the eight reindeer for whom the scenery never changes...
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel. (Hey, fat man - where do you want me to shove the tree?)
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One on Christmas Eve and everything else that morning. (Eerie - LP had the exact same answer.)
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The radio stations that start playing Christmas music before Thanksgiving (yes, it was before Thanksgiving this year) and keep playing it until the 25th.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? Right now, anything that can't be ingested or otherwise cause harm to my children.
24. Favorite food for Christmas dinner? Well, my mom's making prime rib this year, so we'll go with that!
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? To watch my kids and my nephews playing together Christmas morning. Oh, and a new iPod - 4th Gen Nano 16mb, if you're wondering. Black, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment