23 July 2009

In Which I Reflect On The Deepening of Love and The Rapid Advance of Time (Here There Be Sappyness)


Take a look: that's our newborn, Alanna, who was a whole year old on Tuesday. Crikey, the time moves fast!

Could it really be a year ago we first met this squalling little surprise? Can it really be two and 1/2 years since her big sister saved me from Annual Meeting by finally making her own introduction?

There are three ladies in my house these days. The oldest gets more beautiful the more I get to know her. I'm happy to say that we laugh at each other more and more every day. The first of our progeny is a curly-haired adventurer who just refuses to slow down, except when there's really good Sesame Street on the tv or a particularly engrossing book to read. The last of our brood is a relentless escape artist who likes standing still even less than her sister. She's a happy, smiley child also, except when she doesn't get what she wants RIGHT THIS FRIGGING INSTANT. Heaven help you if you take something out of her hands (or mouth) without something better ready for replacement.

I knew this family gig would change my life forever. I also knew I wanted it, even though I was more than a little worried about those changes. What I didn't know was how I would never, ever want to go back to the days when it was just me and Beloved, even though they were wonderful days.

Thank you, ladies, for enriching my life so much. Now, if you don't mind, could Daddy just get a quiet night of reading every once in a while?

Please?

Grace & peace,
Scott



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures.

    Be careful what you wish for in regards to teh peace and quiet.

    And don't blink.

    ReplyDelete