24 September 2009

Happy As...


Have I mentioned that I love my work? Here's my Wednesday as proof of why I resemble Porky here most days.
  • Wake up at 6:00ish and spend a little time in prayer and reading before getting the girls up.
  • 8:30 - Drop the kids off at pre-school/day care.
  • 9:00 - stop back at home for coffee and a few things I forgot.
  • 10:00 - hit the office with a travel mug of hot coffee. Spend an hour playing with new email format, which works like a charm on my first attempt.
  • 11:00 - read through my blogroll and spend some time pondering the Joint Declaration on the Doctrine of Justification (post coming next week).
  • 12:00 - lunch, then I read the daily newspaper, my #1 sermon help.
  • 1:00 - Spend an hour or so working on Sunday worship and the sermon.
  • 2:00 - Spend an hour prepping for the Bible study on Ruth 3 for later that evening, and 30 minutes getting last details nailed down for Evening Prayer.
  • 3:00 - go to the music store for new guitar strings for Ruby and Susannah, then to pre-school to pick up Ainsley.
  • 3:45 - go to our church to pick up Jack, drop off my Bible and study materials for later that night. Pick up Alanna from day care and go home. Change Ruby's strings while the girls watch Sesame Street, then play with them for a while.
  • 5:30 - head to St. Andrew's for Church On Wednesday (C.O.W.), where the evening meal is, surprise, pizza! Yay!
  • 6:15 - play guitar for a short devotional/worship time.
  • 6:30 - lead the Ruth study for which I prepared earlier in the day.
  • 7:30 - take the girls home and wait for Steph the babysitter to arrive.
  • 8:15 - head to University Lutheran Center for a brief sing-through of the choir piece for Sunday, and put the sanctuary in order for Evening Prayer.
  • 9:00 - Evening Prayer, with session #2 of our worship series as the message.
  • 9:45 - Almost-Free Pizza (which I denied myself, since I'd already had pizza for supper) and a great conversation with students.
  • 10:30ish - home for the night. A beer, the evening paper, and the first few pages of Trinity by Leon Uris to finish off the night. Life is good.
It could all change in a second - I'm aware of that. But, for tonight, I am truly happy as a pig in...

Grace & peace,
Scott

2 comments:

  1. well, well you're piggin' out on all your favorite things, (and gratefully so)... what could be better?

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...what? Pig in what? I HAVE TO KNOW!

    ;)

    ReplyDelete