04 September 2009

Life with HFM: Day 6?


We seem to be on the downslope (knocking furiously on wood)!

Ainsley slept the night through, as did Beloved and Alanna, and everyone woke up smiling but me (I never wake up smiling - it's the coffee that brings the smile). When I went into Ainsley's room to get her dressed, she took a big drink out of her cup of water and said, "Owie all gone!" That was good news indeed.

Now the girls are at preschool/day care, Beloved is at her office with Jack the dog and I'm here, wondering how long it'll take me to get to the top of my desk and, more importantly, where the hell my sermon has gone. So, of course, I'm going to do the Friday Five in a few minutes. Priorities, right? :-)

Thanks again for all the prayers and well-wishes: it sounds like we got off pretty easy in the end, even including the trip to the ER. Our day care provider says that most cases are like Ainsley's or worse, and HFM can rip through families and day care groups like wildfire. We're not totally out of the woods yet, but today has certainly given us reason to hope.

Grace & peace,
Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment