One possible way to get back to more regular posting is to use the memes like I had done in the past. One of my favorites was the Friday Five at RevGalBlogPals - which is just random this week. Count me in!
1. I might actually reach my goal of 50 books read/heard/digested this year, if I work particularly hard over the next few weeks. Unfortunately, some of the books on my upcoming "to read" list are rather thick, but they aren't particularly taxing, so we'll see if I get it done or not. This year 50, next year 60, right? In the next few weeks I'm going to go through my book list for the year and give short reviews of everything I've read - hopefully I'll get through it all before New Year's Day.
2. The past few months have been pretty rough in the exercise department. It's hard to find the energy when you're only getting 5-6 hours of sleep per night, but I don't know any other way to do what I need to do in a day. Here's hoping sometime soon I can look back on the past few months as one of those "it was rough but we lived through it" times in our life. At any rate, I'm back up to "hefty" size right now. I'm hoping to drop five pounds in the next month by choosing my moments for holiday splurging wisely. Task #1 on that list will be getting all the leftover cookies from last night's Open House out of the kitchen, right?
3. I had a lovely hour reading by the fireplace at the Lutheran Center this morning, even if it did get interrupted a couple of times. I haven't had time to sit and read at work in a long, long time, but there was time and a need for it today. Hopefully I'll find some time to do more of it after finals week.
4. Ainsley will be 5 in January. That just doesn't seem possible.
5. Alanna has to have her tonsils and adenoids removed on the 23rd of December. On the good side, at least we get it in this year and insurance should cover most of the cost. On the bad side, that means no trip back to Nebraska for the holidays. After our wonderful Thanksgiving in Oregon on vacation, we were looking forward to quality time with the other half of the family for Christmas. Here's hoping we get back sometime soon!