16 March 2007

Friday Five: Whatcha Doin'?

From RevGalBlogPals
Well friends, this is one of those weeks when I simply must work today, which is normally my day off. I know, I know. We may tut-tut all we want, but the fact is, some weeks are like that. So, this week's F5 is simple.

Name five things you plan to do today.

Bonus: If today is about "have-to" for you as well, share up to five things you'd like to be doing today.
I should preface this by saying that my 'have to' items are things I generally enjoy as well. I'm one of the lucky few who have found a vocation that gives me great joy more days than not. So pre-marriage counseling is a pleasure for me, as is writing a sermon. Well, most weeks, anyway.

Five Things I Plan To Do Today: (completed items marked with a [check]
1. Write Sunday's sermon.
2. Meet with a couple to begin their pre-marriage counseling. [check]
3. Take out the recycling and trash.
4. Visit a friend and her new baby boy.
5. Help our Property Manager install the new changing table for our Men's Room. [check]

Five Things I'd Like To Do Today:
1. Run 5 miles in 45:00, with energy in my legs. (I'll run today, but my legs just don't have any juice right now thanks to lack of sleep)
2. Curl up in my grandpa's recliner upstairs with a book and a cup of hot chocolate (I might actually get to this one if I'm lucky).
3. Sleep (probably not going to get to this one).
4. Write the Great American Novel (hey, why not dream big?).
5. Eat pizza, a Coldstone Creamery ice cream treat, drink a pint or two of a good dark beer and not gain an ounce (see above).

Late note: I didn't get my 5 miles in 45 yesterday, but I did get them in 47; best run in weeks. And I did eat the pizza & drink the beer; with no Coldstone, maybe the calories at least balanced?

4 comments:

  1. Ooo... Goody! I like the changing table!

    Aren't you going to listen to any Statler Bros?
    =o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmmm.... Coldstone...

    My birthday was a couple weeks ago, and I received my coupon for a free Love-It size creation. I can never eat an entire Love-It, so I took my son up to Coldstone to choose a creation, and we shared it one evening. It was lovely.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. mmm. zero calorie food- sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool. A changing table in the men's room!!! I truly love that. ANd if you get that novel written, put it on the RevGals bookstore link!
    :)
    d

    ReplyDelete