27 October 2008

First Stupid, Now Sleepy

I did a stupid thing Saturday night.
After an exciting Cornhusker victory over Baylor, followed by a great night in our campus ministry's concession stand at Jack Trice Stadium on the Iowa State campus (right across from sections 13-16 on the West Stadium side - we're the ones who sell brats and burgers), I came home and was just too jacked to sleep. Was still too worked up after finishing my sermon at 1:30 A.M., AND after doing a lot of Husker browsing until 3:30 A.M. Got to sleep around 4:00 and was up at 6:30 with Alanna.
All day yesterday I felt pretty good. It was Reformation Sunday, so lots of energy was not hard to come by. We spent the afternoon lazing around the house and the evening doing church stuff: joining a local church for a Halloween potluck, then heading back to the Center for the movie "Luther" starring Joseph Fiennes, Sir Peter Ustinov and Alfred Molina (Not a bad flick - you should watch it). I got home, read the Sunday paper, then fell asleep at 10:00, but not "exhausted" as I might have imagined.
Oh, no - that was today's big treat.
All day I've felt like an absolute zombie. The weather isn't helping much: cloudy, windy and cold. I hear there's snow to the north of us. In all, it's hard to fight the urge to just crawl into bed, especially when the girls are napping nicely, at the same time, for the first time in a couple of weeks.
I thought that as you got older, you learned better than to do things like this. Apparently, the only thing that's happened is I've lost the ability to go without a good night's sleep.
*sigh* That's just great.

No comments:

Post a Comment