04 December 2006

Birthday Meme

Courtesy of Carmel.

The Rules:
1) Go to Wikipedia
2) In the search box, type your birth month and day but not the year.
3) List three events that happened on your birthday
4) List two important birthdays and one death
5) One holiday or observance (if any)

My Birthday: May 5
My Events
1260 - Kublai Khan becomes ruler of the Mongol Empire.
1891 - The Music Hall in New York (now known as Carnegie Hall) has its grand opening and first public performance, with Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky as the guest conductor.
1925 - Scopes Trial: John T. Scopes is served an arrest warrant for teaching evolution in violation of the Butler Act.

People Who Share My Birthday
1813 - Søren Kierkegaard, Danish philosopher (d. 1855)
1818 - Karl Marx, German political philosopher (d. 1883)
1943 - Michael Palin, British writer, actor, and comedian
1944 - John Rhys-Davies, Welsh actor
(I know that's four, but Michael Palin & John Rhys-Davies are two of my favorite actors. Imagine: I share a birthday with Gimli and K-K-K-K-Ken!)

People Who Died on my Birthday
1525 - Frederick III of Saxony (b. 1463)
1821 - Napoleon I of France (b. 1769)

Holidays & Observances
Cinco de Mayo (duh)
International No Pants Day
(In honor of my brother earning his Master's Degree on my birthday in 2007, I shall NOT be observing International No Pants Day this year.)

1 comment:

  1. I, and I'm sure most others in attendence will appreciate your discretion.

    ReplyDelete